COVID-19 Notice: Community health and safety is our priority. As a precaution, city offices/facilities have closed and some events have been canceled. Read more.

Other Regulatory Agencies

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Agencies other than the City of Plymouth may have regulatory jurisdiction over a particular water body. They require permits for work in or near that water body. For example, the United States Army Corps of Engineers regulates the placement of fill into wetlands if the wetlands are hydrologically connected to waters of the United States, under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act.

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources regulates projects proposed below the ordinary high water (OHW) of public waters or public waters wetlands. The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) has provided guidance for management of dredged materials and requires a construction activity permit for projects that disturb more than one acre of soil.

Finally, watershed management organizations may require review and/or approval of certain types of projects. Plymouth is covered by four watershed management organizations, which are listed below. 

Before proposing a project, applicants should check with city staff to learn if other agencies will need to be involved in reviewing the proposed project.