COVID-19 Notice: Community health and safety is our priority. As a precaution, city offices/facilities have closed and some events have been canceled. Read more.

Illicit Discharge

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
The City of Plymouth operates separate systems for storm water and sanitary sewer. Illicit discharges into the City’s storm water system are prohibited – see Section 725 of the City Code for more information.

Illicit Discharge Examples
• Oil, grease or paint that is dumped or flows into a storm drain
• Concrete washed into a storm drain
• Yard waste intentionally dumped into a storm drain
• Sanitary sewer pipes that are connected to the storm drain system

Report an Illicit Discharge
If you see any substance other than rain entering into a storm drain, please Report an Illicit Discharge or call 763-509-5950. Please include the following information:
• A brief description of the issue
• The location of the discharge or connection, including an address if known
• Contact information (for follow-up purposes only, all reports will remain anonymous) 

If you are the responsible party for a spill, contact the State Duty Officer at 651-649-5451
The party responsible for the illicit discharge or spill needs to report it to the State Duty Officer as soon as possible. The City of Plymouth cannot report an illicit discharge to the State Duty Officer if it is not the party responsible for the illicit discharge or spill.

For more information, read our Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Program and Procedures.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer