Nov. 20, 2018
Completion of Kilmer Park Street Reconstruction Project Postponed -
Due to excessive rainfall and wet soil during the summer, and an early freeze this fall, completion of the Kilmer Park Street Reconstruction Project has been postponed until 2019.
The project has been postponed to ensure residents receive the best quality final product. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
The contractor will pave the final layer of asphalt, as well as complete the final boulevard grading with top soil and sodding, in early summer 2019, weather permitting.
This year’s work included storm sewer installation, roadway excavation, base course paving, driveway paving, and curb and gutter installation.
Protecting the Investment this Winter
The contractor has taken steps to protect the infrastructure investment during the winter months.
Curb and gutter. The contractor has paved a temporary asphalt wedge around the edge of the street to help protect the new curb and gutter from snow plow damage. Though it may look unsightly, the wedge is temporary and will be removed prior to the final paving next year.
Erosion prevention. The contractor will spray mulch over the exposed soil in the boulevard to help prevent erosion.
|Project Area Map (PDF)|
This project involves the reconstruction of the streets in the Kilmer Park neighborhood, as shown on the map. Street reconstruction is an intensive project that completely rebuilds an existing street. The project will include changing the streets from a rural section with ditch drainage to an urban design with curb and gutter and storm sewer. A large storm sewer component will be included in the project with the intention of reducing the amount of flooding and erosion in the neighborhood.
- Informational Meeting:
7-8 p.m. Jan. 31, Plymouth Maintenance Facility
- Open House:
4:30-6:30 p.m. March 5, Plymouth Maintenance Facility
- Public Hearing: May 8, 2018, approved by City Council
- Construction: May-Spring 2019
- Street Reconstruction FAQs – Answers to frequently asked questions about street reconstruction projects
- Informational Meeting Slides (PDF) – Slides from the presentation at the Jan. 31 project informational meeting
- Informational Meeting Q&A (PDF) – Questions and answers from the Jan. 31 project informational meeting
- 90% Plan Open House Invitation (PDF) – Letter inviting residents to the March 5 open house to review the 90% draft plans
- 90% Plan (PDF) – A draft of the construction plans for the Kilmer Park Street Reconstruction Project.
- Staff Report (PDF) – A March 13 memo to the City Council outlining preliminary project information
- Neighborhood Comments and Responses (PDF) – Responses to neighborhood questions and concerns, issued March 13
- Sample Assessment Payment Options (PDF) – A sample assessment with four available payment options
- Senior Assessment Deferment Information (PDF) – Application and information for assessment deferrals for qualifying seniors
- Public Hearing Presentation (PDF) – Presentation from the public improvement and assessment meeting May 8
- Construction Guide Newsletter (PDF) – Newsletter mailed to residents May 21
Tony Moening, Project Inspector / Senior Engineering Technician
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5545 | F 763-509-5510 | email@example.com
Sign up for eNotify email updates for the Kilmer Park Reconstruction Project.