May 13, 2019
Contractor to resume construction of Kilmer Park Street Reconstruction Project.
Construction of the Kilmer Park Street Reconstruction Project is set to resume this week with the installation of retaining walls. The contractor indicated that restoration including final grading and installation of sod will start next week. Paving of the final lift of asphalt will follow and complete the project. We appreciate your patience during the project.
|Project Area Map (PDF)|
This project involves the reconstruction of the streets in the Kilmer Park neighborhood, as shown on the map. Street reconstruction is an intensive project that completely rebuilds an existing street. The project will include changing the streets from a rural section with ditch drainage to an urban design with curb and gutter and storm sewer. A large storm sewer component will be included in the project with the intention of reducing the amount of flooding and erosion in the neighborhood.
- Informational Meeting:
7-8 p.m. Jan. 31, Plymouth Maintenance Facility
- Open House:
4:30-6:30 p.m. March 5, Plymouth Maintenance Facility
- Public Hearing: May 8, 2018, approved by City Council
- Construction: May-Spring 2019
- Street Reconstruction FAQs – Answers to frequently asked questions about street reconstruction projects
- Informational Meeting Slides (PDF) – Slides from the presentation at the Jan. 31 project informational meeting
- Informational Meeting Q&A (PDF) – Questions and answers from the Jan. 31 project informational meeting
- 90% Plan Open House Invitation (PDF) – Letter inviting residents to the March 5 open house to review the 90% draft plans
- 90% Plan (PDF) – A draft of the construction plans for the Kilmer Park Street Reconstruction Project.
- Staff Report (PDF) – A March 13 memo to the City Council outlining preliminary project information
- Neighborhood Comments and Responses (PDF) – Responses to neighborhood questions and concerns, issued March 13
- Sample Assessment Payment Options (PDF) – A sample assessment with four available payment options
- Senior Assessment Deferment Information (PDF) – Application and information for assessment deferrals for qualifying seniors
- Public Hearing Presentation (PDF) – Presentation from the public improvement and assessment meeting May 8
- Construction Guide Newsletter (PDF) – Newsletter mailed to residents May 21
Tony Moening, Project Inspector / Senior Engineering Technician
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5545 | F 763-509-5510 | email@example.com
Sign up for eNotify email updates for the Kilmer Park Reconstruction Project.