Sign up for email updates: The 2020 Reconstruction Street Reconstruction has two email lists – one for periodic general project updates (less frequent) and one for construction progress updates (more frequent).
32nd Avenue Pavement Reclaimed and Temporary Water Main Connection
The contractor has reclaimed the pavement on 32nd Avenue and removed trees. Upcoming work includes installation of water main valves and connecting residents to the temporary water main system in preparation of replacement of the water main. As the notice mailed last week detailed, it will be necessary for the contractor to enter your home to shut off the main water valve supplying your home. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the contractor will be taking additional measures to safely perform this work according to their safety plan, City guidelines, and guidelines from the CDC and MN Department of Health regarding COVID-19. Turning off the main water valve supplying your home should take approximately 5 minutes.
Once the temporary water main system is connected and turned on residents should flush the system by opening a couple of faucets at the lowest level of your home, preferably, for a few minutes prior to use. If you have any questions or concerns regarding replacement of the water main and the temporary water system please contact project staff.
Construction Progress Emails
To reduce the number of construction related email updates received by areas not currently under construction a second email list has been added. The original email list will be used for general periodic project related updates.
Sign up for the construction progress emails.
COVID-19 Note: Please Follow Precautions
Community health and safety is our priority. As a precaution aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), please do not approach workers or staff at the construction site. Residents who have question or concerns about the project should call or email city staff/the project manager.
The City of Plymouth is following the recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health – which encourage social distancing (maintaining a 6-foot distance from others) and reducing the frequency of gatherings.
|Project Area Map (PDF)|
This project involves the reconstruction of the streets in the Beacon Heights neighborhood and select streets east of Medicine Lake as shown on the map. Street reconstruction is an intensive project that completely rebuilds an existing street. The project will include the installation of concrete curb and gutter, storm sewer improvements, and rehabilitation or replacement of the existing water main.
- Informational Meeting: 7-8 p.m. Sept. 26, 2019
Black Box Theatre at the Plymouth Creek Center
14800 34th Avenue N
- 90% Draft Plan Open House: 4:30-6:30 p.m. Feb. 3
Plymouth Public Works Maintenance Facility
14900-23rd Avenue N
- Public Hearing: May 26, 2020
- Construction: Summer 2020 - Fall 2021
- See the Street Reconstruction FAQs page for answers to commonly asked questions about street reconstruction projects
- Project Notification Letter (PDF) Letter mailed to property owners to provide notification of the upcoming proposed project
- Informational Meeting Invitation (PDF) Letter inviting residents to a neighborhood informational meeting on September 26
- Informational Meeting Slides (PDF) Slides from the presentation at the September 26 project informational meeting
- Informational Meeting Questions (PDF) Questions asked during the September 26 informational meeting with answers provided
- Informational Meeting Layouts (PDF) Layouts of the project area shown at the September 26 informational meeting
- 90% Draft Plan Open House Invitation (PDF)
- Draft Plans (PDF) 90% draft plans for the project that were presented at the February 3 open house (file is large)
- Final Plans (PDF) Construction plans for the project (file is large)
- Project Rebid Letter (PDF) April 8th project status update letter mailed to residents
- Public Hearing Letter (PDF)
- Public Hearing Presentation (PDF) Slides from the May 26th Public Hearing presentation
- Senior Citizen Assessment Deferral Application (PDF)
- Construction Phasing Plan (PDF) Plan showing the contractor's anticipated construction phasing
- Construction Guide - 32nd Avenue (PDF)
Project Update Emails
Stay informed by signing up for email updates. Note: The 2020 Street Reconstruction Project has two email lists – one for periodic general project updates (less frequent) and one for construction progress updates (more frequent). Sign up to receive the emails.
Below is a list of project update eNotify emails that have been sent to subscribers.
- 2020 Street Reconstruction 90% draft plan open house scheduled – Jan. 21, 2020
- 2020 Street Reconstruction Project 90% draft plans now available – Feb. 7, 2020
- 2020 Street Reconstruction Project Bidding Update – Apr. 9, 2020
- 2020 Street Reconstruction Project Public Hearing Set for May 26 – May 8, 2020
- 2020 Street Reconstruction Project Scheduled to Start on 32nd Avenue on July 20 - July 7, 2020
- Temporary Water Main Connection and 32nd Avenue Pavement Reclaimed - July 24, 2020
Mike Payne, Assistant City Engineer
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5538 | F 763-509-5510 | email@example.com