July 30: Milling Continues On West Medicine Lake Drive, Paving to Start July 31st. Cul-De-Sac Work on Jewel Lane Begins This Week
West Medicine Lake Drive milling operations north of the railroad tracks began yesterday and will continue today. Crews will begin restoration of the median islands near Medicine Lake Park and adjust utility castings in the roadway.
Paving of West Medicine Lake Drive north of the railroad tracks is scheduled for Friday, July 31st. Milling, utility casting adjustments and paving south of the railroad tracks is scheduled for the end of next week.
West Medicine Lake Drive will be closed to thru traffic until August 5th. Access to Medicine Lake Park will be open from the north. Please avoid the area and follow the road closure signs.
Work on Jewel Lane N cul-de-sac in the Conor Meadows neighborhood is expected to start by the end of the week. Crews will begin by excavating the existing surface. The week of August 3rd, crews will be rebuilding the cul-de-sac and pouring curb.
COVID-19 Note: Please Follow Precautions
Community health and safety is our priority. As a precaution aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), please do not approach workers or staff at the construction site. Residents who have question or concerns about the project should call or email city staff/the project manager.
The City of Plymouth is following the recommended guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health – which encourage social distancing (maintaining a 6-foot distance from others) and reducing the frequency of gatherings.
The proposed project includes the Conor Meadows neighborhood, West Medicine Lake Drive, and 12th Avenue as highlighted in the adjacent project location maps. The project would involve either a contractor or City crews removing (milling) the edges of the street, then applying a new layer of asphalt over the entire roadway.
Preventative maintenance to the infrastructure may be performed with the mill and overlay project in areas that did not have preventative maintenance performed in 2019. The work may include:
- Repair to catch basins
- Installation of concrete pedestrian ramps, as necessary, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Replacement of a minimal amount of concrete curb and gutter, when the concrete is in extremely poor condition
- Open House: 4:30-6:30 p.m. February 6
Plymouth City Hall
3400 Plymouth Boulevard
- Public Hearing: March 24, 2020
- Paving: Summer and Fall 2020
- Mill & Overlay Project FAQs (PDF)– Answers to frequently asked questions about mill and overlay projects
- Project Notification Letter (PDF)
- Draft Plans (PDF)
- Notice of Public Hearing (PDF)
Project Update Emails
Below is a list of project update eNotify emails that have been sent to subscribers of the 2020 Mill & Overlay Project. Subscribe online to receive the emails.
- 2020 Mill and Overlay Open House Scheduled – Jan. 17, 2020
- 2020 Mill and Overlay Public Hearing Scheduled - March 12, 2020
- Mill and Overlay of West Medicine Lake Drive to Begin - July 7, 2020
- Milling Continues On West Medicine Lake Drive, Paving to Start July 31st. Cul-De-Sac Work on Jewel Lane Begins This Week - July 30, 2020
Pavel Nikolov, EIT, Project Engineer
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447
P 763-509-5528 | F 763-509-5510 | email@example.com