July 5, 2019
Construction Activity to Begin Soon
The City Council approved the 2019 Mill and Overlay Project at the City Council meeting on June 25th. Both contractors have indicated that preventative maintenance activities will begin starting the week of July 7th. This work includes repairs to concrete curb and gutter, as well as repairs to storm sewer and sanitary sewer structures. Another update will be provided prior to paving of the overlay. Please exercise caution in work zones.
The proposed project includes the streets highlighted in the location maps below. The project would involve either a contractor or City crews removing (milling) the edges of the street, then applying an overlay of new asphalt over the entire roadway.
Preventative maintenance to the infrastructure will be performed prior to the mill and overlay in project areas that did not have preventative maintenance performed in 2018. Preventative maintenance includes:
- Repairs to water main valves
- Repairs to catch basins
- Installation of infiltration and inflow barriers to sanitary sewer manholes
- Installation of concrete pedestrian ramps, as necessary, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Replacement of a minimal amount of concrete curb and gutter, when the concrete is in extremely poor condition
- Informational Meeting: May 2019
- Public Hearing: June 25
- Paving: Summer and Fall 2019
- Mill & Overlay Project FAQs (PDF)– Answers to frequently asked questions about mill and overlay projects
- Project Notification Letter (PDF)
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447
P 763-509-5500 | F 763-509-5510 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for eNotify email updates for the 2019 Mill & Overlay Project.