August 2, 2019
Mill and Overlay Paving Underway
The contractor is currently paving the overlay in the neighborhood east of Medicine Lake. The contractor is expected to complete paving in this area next week. The contractor will next work on utility and curb maintenance in the 18th Ave area and Xenium Lane. Work in these areas is expected to continue until mid-September. City maintenance crews are scheduled to begin paving Monday, August 5th. The crews will work in the Ranchview area and then move to 12th Ave & Zircon Lane, 39th Place, Plum Tree neighborhood, and the French Creek neighborhood. These areas are expected to take 2-3 weeks for completion. Vehicles can drive on the new asphalt soon after placement and after it has been rolled. Please exercise caution while driving through the construction area.
The proposed project includes the streets highlighted in the location maps below. The project would involve either a contractor or City crews removing (milling) the edges of the street, then applying an overlay of new asphalt over the entire roadway.
Preventative maintenance to the infrastructure will be performed prior to the mill and overlay in project areas that did not have preventative maintenance performed in 2018. Preventative maintenance includes:
- Repairs to water main valves
- Repairs to catch basins
- Installation of infiltration and inflow barriers to sanitary sewer manholes
- Installation of concrete pedestrian ramps, as necessary, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Replacement of a minimal amount of concrete curb and gutter, when the concrete is in extremely poor condition
- Informational Meeting: May 2019
- Public Hearing: June 25
- Paving: Summer and Fall 2019
- Mill & Overlay Project FAQs (PDF)– Answers to frequently asked questions about mill and overlay projects
- Project Notification Letter (PDF)
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447
P 763-509-5500 | F 763-509-5510 | email@example.com
Sign up for eNotify email updates for the 2019 Mill & Overlay Project.