COVID-19 Notice: Community health and safety is our priority. As a precaution, city offices/facilities have closed and some events have been canceled. Read more.

Grading Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Plymouth requires a grading permit for any excavating, mining, grading, stockpiling or filling of land in city limits. The Erosion Control Requirements can be found in Section 526 of the City Code.

Additional regulations are covered in the Land Filling and Land Excavation Grading Operations Section (21185) of the Zoning Ordinance.

Applying for Permits
Grading permits are applied for and paid through the city’s online permitting system. You can apply for a permit by clicking on the button below, registering with BS&A if you haven’t already, and providing the requested information.
Please notify the Engineering Department if you have not applied for a Grading permit previously so we can add you to our system.

Apply for grading permits online

Reference Materials:

Scheduling an Inspection
To schedule an inspection, please contact the Engineering Division (see below) 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

Engineering Division
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5500 | F 763-509-5010  |


Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer