The Police Department is accepting applications for volunteer Plymouth Police Reserve officer positions. Consider giving back to the community by making it safer – and have fun working alongside law enforcement officers.
Interested in a career in law enforcement? Becoming a police reserve is an opportunity to learn new skills and build new professional contacts.
Participants come from all walks of life and have diverse cultural and professional backgrounds. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
To supplement the work of sworn Plymouth police officers, the Plymouth Police Reserves perform a number of duties as uniformed volunteers, including:
- Providing security and traffic direction at events in Plymouth and neighboring communities
- Assisting patrol officers with transports, bookings and service-related calls
- Helping with police training as a role player during scenario-based training with the Plymouth SWAT team, patrol division and the Plymouth Police Explorer program
- Assisting with traffic accidents, crowd control, weather-related emergencies and significant crime scenes
Requirements to be a reserve officer include:
- Reserves must pass an extensive background check
- All police reserves must be 21 years old or older
- Reserves are required to provide 15 hours of volunteer service a month and attend one monthly meeting (counted toward volunteer hours)
Fill out a Plymouth Police Reserve application (PDF) to apply. Applications can also be picked up at the Plymouth Public Safety Building, 3400 Plymouth Blvd. To have an application mailed, email firstname.lastname@example.org.