COVID-19 Notice: Community health and safety is our priority. As a precaution, city offices/facilities have closed and some events have been canceled. Read more.

Regulations & Enforcement

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The majority of laws are defined in state statute. The State of Minnesota’s website allows you to look up current statutes as well as track bills that are being considered by the legislature.

The City Council also adopts regulations in city ordinances in the City Code that regulate certain activities within the City of Plymouth. In this area of the website, we focus on areas that are frequently of interest. If you have a special area of interest that you would like to know more about, please let us know via email, We will attempt to answer your questions.

The City of Plymouth also collaborates with other government agencies to protect the public and ensure that the rights of victims are carefully observed. One such collaboration includes the Victim Notification Program of the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. This program allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien’s release from custody. For more information, visit

Curfew Law
The City of Plymouth's curfew ordinance is identical to the Hennepin County curfew ordinance, which is also observed in neighboring cities. The curfew law is as follows:

  • Younger than 12: Home by 9 p.m.  |  Home by 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
  • Ages 12-14: Home by 10 p.m.  |  Home by 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday
  • Ages 15-17: Home by 11 p.m.  |  Home by midnight Friday and Saturday

Noise Ordinance
Any loud, unnecessary, or unusual noise that disturbs, injures, or endangers the comfort, repose, health, peace, or safety of others is a violation. Between the hours of 10 p.m. and 7 a.m., any music that can be heard beyond the property line of the place it is being played is also a violation. If a violation occurs, call the police at 9-1-1. See the City Code for more information.