|Gold Tide Forsythia|
Hand-Picked Plants for Plymouth
Each year, City of Plymouth forestry staff selects plants that are well-adapted to local growing conditions. The plants listed below were selected because of their environmental benefits and resistance to pests and disease.
They serve as good replacements for invasive species, such as buckthorn, or for ash trees affected by Emerald Ash Borer. The selected plants also provide food and shelter for pollinators, butterflies and other wildlife.
Why Bare Root Trees?
Most of the trees are 5-6 feet at time of purchase. Some species come in pots, but most are bare root (PDF). That means they do not come with soil on the roots, so they cost less, have up to 200 percent more roots than the traditional balled and burlapped plants and are easier to transport. Bare root trees are easy to plant, using the bare root planting method (PDF).
Trees and shrubs do not come with a warranty. Quantities are limited on some varieties. Orders will be filled on a "first come" basis.
Order via In-Person or Online
- Orders will be accepted March 1 - May 1.
- Order early for best availability as some species will sell out quickly.
- In-person orders will be accepted at the Maintenance Facility during regular business hours, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Payment is due when the order is placed.
- Online orders can be made through Plymouth’s Online Registration. For help in placing an online order, you can follow the instructions on this how-to guide (PDF).
- Orders will be available for pick-up at the Maintenance Facility:
- Friday, May 10 from 3 - 6 p.m.
- Saturday, May 11 from 8 a.m. - Noon
- Any trees not purchased will be sold from 11 a.m. to Noon on Saturday, May 11 at the Maintenance Facility.
|Fiber Optics Buttonbush|
Get Help Choosing the Right Plant
View the Tree & Shrub Information Sheet (PDF) for a comparison of the plants available in the sale, or attend one of the following events to get advice from city forestry staff.
- Tree & Shrub Sale Preview – 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, February 28 at Maintenance Facility, 14900 23rd Avenue.
- City Sampler – 9-11 a.m. Saturday, April 27, Plymouth Maintenance Facility, 14900 23rd Ave.
(H x W)
|Bigtooth Aspen (PDF)||60' x 20'||$35/$40|
|Bloodgood Planetree (PDF)||75' x 60'||$30/$35|
|Crimson Cloud Hawthorne (PDF)||20' x 15'||$30/$35|
|Heritage Birch (PDF)||50' x 35'||$25/$30|
|Northern Acclaim Honeylocust (PDF)||45' x 40'||$25/$30|
|Prairie Stature Oak (PDF)||40' x 30'||$35/$40|
|Redbud - MN Strain (PDF)||25' x 30'||Sold Out|
|Yellowwood (PDF)||50' x 40'||$30/$35|
|Black Hills Spruce (PDF)||50' x 30'||$20/$25|
|Korean Fir (PDF)||30' x 15'||$20/$25|
|Declaration Lilac (PDF)||8' x 7'||$9/$11|
|Easy Elegance Music Box Rose (PDF)||5' x 4'||$9/$11|
|Fiber Optics Buttonbush (PDF)||6' x 6'||$9/$11|
|Gold Tide Forsythia (PDF)||2.5' x 4'||$9/$11|
|Miniature Snowflake Mockorange (PDF)||3' x 2'||$9/$11|
|Neon Burst Dogwood (PDF)||4' x 4'||$9/$11|
|Frontenac Grape (PDF)||20' x 2'||$8/$10|
|Frostbite Apple (PDF)||15' x 12'||$20/$25|
|La Crescent Plum (PDF)||15' x 12'||$20/$25|
|Ribes Hinnomaki Red Gooseberry (PDF)||4' x 4'||$8/$10|