COVID-19 Notice: Tree Sale Pickup Delayed
As a precaution aimed at slowing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the dates for picking up orders placed through the City of Plymouth's annual tree and shrub sale have been delayed. The tree sale pickup has been tentatively rescheduled for June 5-6. Check back closer to the dates for confirmation.
|Common Witch Hazel|
Hand-Picked Plants for Plymouth
Each year, City of Plymouth forestry staff selects plants that are well-adapted to local growing conditions. The plants listed below were selected because of their environmental benefits and resistance to pests and disease.
They serve as good replacements for invasive species, such as buckthorn, or for ash trees affected by Emerald Ash Borer. The selected plants also provide food and shelter for pollinators, butterflies and other wildlife.
Why Bare Root Trees?
Most of the trees are bare root (PDF) and 5-6 feet at time of purchase; evergreen species come in pots and are 2-3 feet; shrubs are bare root and 2-3 feet. That means they do not come with soil on the roots, so they cost less, have up to 200 percent more roots than the traditional balled and burlapped plants and are easier to transport. Bare root trees are easy to plant, using the bare root planting method (PDF).
Trees and shrubs do not come with a warranty. Quantities are limited on some varieties. Orders will be filled on a "first come" basis.
Order via In-Person or Online
- Orders will be accepted March 1 - June 1.
- Order early for best availability as some species will sell out quickly.
- Online orders can be made through Plymouth’s Online Registration. For help in placing an online order, you can follow the instructions on this how-to guide (PDF).
- In-person orders will be accepted at the Maintenance Facility during regular business hours, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Payment is due when the order is placed.
- Orders will tentatively be available for pick-up at the Maintenance Facility:
- Friday, June 5 from 3 - 6 p.m.
- Saturday, June 6 from 8 a.m. - Noon
- Any trees not purchased will be sold from 11 a.m. to Noon on Saturday, June 6 at the Maintenance Facility.
Get Help Choosing the Right Plant
View the Tree & Shrub Information Sheet (PDF) for a comparison of the plants available in the sale, or attend one of the following events to get advice from city forestry staff.
- Tree & Shrub Sale Preview (PDF) – 6:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, February 27 at Maintenance Facility, 14900 23rd Avenue.
(H x W)
|American Linden (PDF)||80' x 60'||$35/$40|
|Kentucky Coffeetree (PDF)||75' x 50'||$30/$35|
|Ohio Buckeye (PDF)||40' x 40'||$25/$30|
|Prairiefire Crab Apple (PDF)||20' x 15'||Sold Out|
|Prairie Expedition Elm (PDF)||55' x 60'||$30/$35|
|River Birch (PDF)||70' x 60'||Sold Out|
|Silver Queen Maple (PDF)||50' x 40'||Sold Out|
|Snowdance Japanese Tree Lilac (PDF)||20' x 20'||Sold Out|
|Balsam Fir (PDF)||75' x 25'||Sold Out|
|White Pine (PDF)||80' x 40'||$25/$30|
|Black Lace Elderberry (PDF)||8' x 8'||Sold Out|
|Bud's Yellow Dogwood (PDF)||8' x 7'||$9/$11|
|Common Witch Hazel (PDF)||25' x 20'||Sold Out|
|Issai Beautyberry (PDF)||4' x 5'||Sold Out|
|Magic Carpet Spirea (PDF)||2' x 2'||$9/$11|
|Mango Tango Potentilla (PDF)||2' x 2'||Sold Out|
|Chipman Red Rhubarb (PDF)||2.5' x 3'||Sold Out|
|Luscious Pear (PDF)||20' x 12'||Sold Out|
|Parker Pear (PDF)||35' x 8'||Sold Out|
|SnowSweet Apple (PDF)||10' x 10'||$25/$30|
|Sparkle Strawberry (PDF)||1' x 1'||Sold Out|