Plymouth requires a sign permit for permanent and temporary signs erected, altered or relocated within the city. Signs involving electrical wiring also require an electrical permit.
- Building address numerals
- Residential on-site temporary real estate or construction signs (not exceeding eight (8) square feet in area
- Campaign signs;
- not exceeding 32 square feet in area posted on private property,
- of any size and number posted on private property 46 days before the state primary election, and
- all campaign signs are to be removed not more than ten (10) days after an election.
Prohibited Signs Include:
- Blinking, flashing, scrolling, shimmering, and/or rotating signs
- Signs located on public property, in the public right-of-way and/or within public easements
- Signs painted on building exteriors
- Signs tacked or attached to trees, fences and/or utility poles
- Signs that interfere with street signs and traffic control devices
- Signs that interfere with intersection visibility
For specific questions or concerns relating to the city's sign regulations, please contact the Community Development Department at (763) 509-5430.
Building Inspection Division
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5430 | F 763-509-5407 | Inspection Scheduling: 763-509-5449 | email@example.com