Welcome to the City of Plymouth Community Development Department. Our mission is to ensure and maintain quality of life and protect the health and safety of residents, business owners, employees and visitors through planning and zoning, permits and inspections and housing.
- Coordinates long range planning and prepares the Comprehensive Plan, the long range planning tool that guides how Plymouth develops and redevelops.
- Implements the Comprehensive Plan and City Center Design Book, a compilation of design guidelines that give prospective developers a visual interpretation of the city’s plans for City Center.
- Handles short range planning activities, such as development applications, and helps enforce the zoning ordinance and subdivision regulations.
- Prepares and updates Planning Handouts and Maps.
- Serves as liaison to the Planning Commission.
- Issues all construction related permits, including building, HVAC, electric and plumbing and performs all associated inspections.
- Administers the rental licensing program.
- Assists with Section 8 housing inspections.
- Operates the two senior housing facilities owned by the Housing and Redevelopment Authority.
- Administers Plymouth’s Community Development Block Grant allocation, including the First Time Home Buyer program, Rehabilitation Loans, Emergency Home Repair Grants for Seniors programs and social service partners funding.
- Administers the Section 8 Rent Assistance program.
- Administers redevelopment and economic development programs.
- Serves as the liaison to the Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA).
Community Development Department
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5400 | F 763-509-5407 | email@example.com