If you are a senior or have special transportation needs, there are several services which may be of help to you.
This service is different from Metro Mobility service - it is available to the general public and is intended to serve areas where regular transit route service is not available. It is available throughout the seven-county metropolitan area. Tell the reservationist your destination, and staff will help you determine whether your trip is eligible for Transit Link or if you have regular transit route options available.
- Rides are available from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may reserve a ride up to five business days in advance.
- Call weekdays between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. to reserve a ride.
Curb-to-curb service for Plymouth residents living east of I-494. Transportation is offered for medical appointments, banking, visits to nursing home residents and other errands by People Responding in Social Ministry (PRISM).
- Rides provided Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday 8 a.m. to noon.
- To schedule a ride, call Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Fee is $5 per round trip.
Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners (IOCP)
Serves residents of Hamel, Long Lake, Medicine Lake, Medina, Minnetonka Beach, Orono, Plymouth and Wayzata. Rides are available at no charge to people living in the loop service area regardless of income.
- IOCP arranges rides to medical appointments using volunteer drivers.
- Requests are taken Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to noon. Please call at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment.
Shared public transit service for certified riders who are unable to use fixed routes due to a disability or health condition. Rides provided for any purpose. However, clients must fill out an ADA application and receive certification from Metro Mobility. Call Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Store to Door
Store to Door offers grocery and delivery service to seniors and individuals with disabilities within the seven-county metro area.
Store to Door grocery and delivery service includes:
- Minimum order of $40 to be paid at time of delivery. Store to Door accepts checks, credit and debit cards, and SNAP benefits via EBT.
- Drivers will bring the groceries into home kitchens and help with the extras, like unpacking bags, opening jars or putting away heavy items.
- Orders from Plymouth: Call 651-642-1892 Monday and Tuesday, 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. or visit helpatyourdoor.org to register.
Metro Commuter Services
If carpooling or vanpooling is a better option for you, call Metro Commuter Services at 651-602-1602 to register. They can send you a free list of people interested in ridesharing. You and the members of your pool may be eligible for free or discounted parking spots in prime locations in downtown Minneapolis or St. Paul. Besides saving money, you can help reduce congestion and clean up Minnesota's air.