The City of Plymouth contracts with Hennepin County to provide assessing services, including market value estimates and property classification in Plymouth. Minnesota statutes requires that the values set by the assessor represent 100 percent of market value. The assessor must provide uniform property values to ensure that the tax burden is distributed fairly and equitably.
- Update information in the property database (My Property Information).
- Maintain homestead status (application form).
- Inspect and review all existing properties in the city at least once every five years.
- Inspect and review properties for which permits were issued in the current year and any partial assessments from prior years.
- Provide value and ownership information to the public.
- Calculate property values.
- Send notices listing current property value to all property owners each March. At this time, staff reviews concerns of property owners who wish to contest the value set by the Assessing Division. If the issue cannot be resolved, owners may contest the value to the Board of Appeal and Equalization.
For more information about market value or property taxes, visit the websites below. The Hennepin County website provides property tax and assessment information for all properties in the county.
General Information & Forms
Forms and instructions are available from the State of Minnesota.
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5350 | F 763-509-5060 | email@example.com