In addition to browsing the news and updates listed below, residents rely on the city's bimonthly newsletter as a primary source of city news.
Plymouth News is packed with information about upcoming events, city news, municipal programs and important seasonal reminders.
News & Updates
The following listings contain timely news and updates about city events, programs, services and more. To receive these updates as emails, sign up for eNotify email updates.
Police Department accepting Police Reserve applications
Consider giving back to the community by making it safer – and have fun working alongside law enforcement officers. Becoming a police reserve officer is an opportunity to learn new skills and build new professional contacts for those interested in a career in law enforcement.
For those not pursuing a law enforcement career, it’s a great way to give back through a unique volunteer opportunity. Participants come from all walks of life and have diverse cultural and professional backgrounds. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Reserve Regular Duties
To supplement the work of sworn Plymouth police officers, the Plymouth Police Reserves perform a number of duties as uniformed volunteers, including:
- Providing security and traffic direction at events in Plymouth and neighboring communities
- Assisting patrol officers with transports, bookings and service-related calls
- Helping with police training as a role player during scenario-based training with the Plymouth SWAT team, patrol division and the Plymouth Police Explorer program
- Assisting with traffic accidents, crowd control, weather-related emergencies and significant crime scenes
Requirements to be a reserve officer include:
- Reserves must pass a background check
- All police reserves must be 21 years old or older
- Reserves are required to provide 15 hours of volunteer service a month and attend one monthly meeting (counted toward volunteer hours)
For more information, and to apply, visit plymouthmn.gov/policereserves. Applications can also be picked up at the Plymouth Public Safety Building, 3400 Plymouth Blvd. To have an application mailed, email firstname.lastname@example.org.