In addition to browsing the news and updates listed below, residents rely on the city's bimonthly newsletter as a primary source of city news.
Plymouth News is packed with information about upcoming events, city news, municipal programs and important seasonal reminders.
Some issues also contain a supplement, including the Public Safety Extra, Financial Extra, Environmental Extra and the annual water report. View the city newsletter.
News & Updates
The following listings contain timely news and updates about city events, programs, services and more. To receive these updates as emails, sign up for eNotify email updates.
Rider Alert: Plymouth Metrolink holiday schedule changes
Plymouth Metrolink fixed routes and Dial-A-Ride on demand service will not operate during the following holidays:
- Thursday, Nov. 22 (Thanksgiving)
- Tuesday, Dec. 25 (Christmas)
- Tuesday, Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day)
On Friday, Nov. 23 (the day after Thanksgiving), limited fixed route trips will be offered from park and ride lots only. Plymouth Dial-A-Ride on-demand service will operate. Plymouth Metrolink Customer Service will be closed Friday, Nov. 23.
The following trips are available Friday, Nov. 23:
Route 774 – Trips to downtown/University of Minnesota from Station 73 (Highway 55 and County Road 73):
- Depart Station 73 for Oak Street and Delaware Street at 6:35 a.m., 7:15 a.m. and 7:45 a.m.
- Return to Station 73 from Oak Street and Delaware Street at 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 5:10 p.m.
Route 776 – Trips to downtown from St. Philip Park and Ride (17205 County Road 6):
- Depart St. Philip for 2nd Avenue and Washington Avenue at 6:27 a.m., 7:12 a.m. and 7:37 a.m.
- Return to St. Philip from Marquette Avenue and Washington Avenue at 3:40 p.m., 4:40 p.m. and 5:10 p.m.
Route 790 – Trips to downtown from Nathan Lane Park and Ride (45th Avenue and Nathan Lane):
- Depart Nathan Lane for 2nd Avenue and Washington Avenue at 6:35 a.m., 7:05 a.m. and 7:40 a.m.
- Return to Nathan Lane from Marquette Avenue and Washington Avenue at 3:40 p.m., 4:35 p.m. and 5:10 p.m.
Route 795 – Trips from Oak Street and Delaware Street to Nathan Lane Park and Ride will leave at 12:01 p.m. and 2:01 p.m.
Reverse commute passengers (Routes 740, 741, 742 and 747) can take Metro Transit Route 645 from downtown to Ridgedale, and then Plymouth Metrolink Dial-A-Ride from Ridgedale to a final destination in Plymouth.
To order a Dial-A-Ride shuttle, download the free Microtransit app from Google Play or the Apple App Store. Riders can also schedule Dial-A-Ride by calling 763-559-5057.