Special events bring the community together. The Plymouth Parks and Recreation Department holds a variety of community events throughout the year, including concerts, theater, water ski shows, parades, performances and more. View the 2019 Special Events Brochure (PDF) for a list of year-round events.
Plymouth Sings Finalists
Ages 15-25 Category
- Sara Shiff – Winner of Plymouth Sings, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Cassandra Hultgren – Runner-up, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Donatella Pompeo and Colleen Bur – Plymouth Sings finalists
Ages 26+ Category
- Ruthie Tabone – Winner of Plymouth Sings, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Divya Mogilsetty – Runner-up, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Jun Xue and Brianna Schweigert – Plymouth Sings finalists
Entertainment in the Parks
Get outside and enjoy the warmth of summer at Plymouth's parks. Free concerts, theater performances, water ski shows and other activities are set for Plymouth this summer as part of the city’s annual Entertainment in the Parks series.
Entertainment in the Parks events in July are as follows:
- 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11 – Innocent Reggae Band, Hilde Performance Center
- 7 p.m. Friday, July 12 – “Pinocchio” by Prairie Fire Children's Theatre, Hilde Performance Center
- 2 p.m. Saturday, July 13 – “Pinocchio” by Prairie Fire Children's Theatre, Hilde Performance Center
- 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 16 – Water Ski Show, Parkers Lake Park – Canceled: Read more.
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 18 – Jolly Pops, Hilde Performance Center
- 7 p.m. Thursday, July 25 – Salsa Del Soul, Hilde Performance Center
Entertainment in the Parks is sponsored by TCF Bank and Plymouth Hy-Vee. Download the 2019 Entertainment in the Parks schedule (PDF) or view the calendar listings below.
Calendar of Events
Music in Plymouth
- Date: 07/02/2019 5:30 pm
- Location: Hilde Performance Center
3500 Plymouth Blvd.
Plymouth, Minnesota 55447
Save the date for the 47th annual Music in Plymouth Tuesday, July 2 at the Hilde Performance Center.
Plymouth’s summer classic promises an evening of free musical entertainment in a beautiful outdoor setting, presented by the Plymouth Civic League. Entertainment begins at 5: 30 p.m., and the evening culminates with a world-class performance by the Minnesota Orchestra and a spectacular fireworks display.
Entertainment begins at 5:30 p.m. with a variety of local favorites. The schedule below is subject to change.
- 5:40-6:40 p.m. – Southside Aces
- 6:40-7 p.m. – Family activities and roving entertainment
- 7-8 p.m. – Scottie Miller Band
- 8-8:30 p.m. – Drawings and announcements
- 8:30-9:30 p.m. – Minnesota Orchestra
- 9:10-10 p.m. – Heart & Soul Drum Academy
- 10:05 p.m. – Fireworks
The event features roving entertainment, including a visit from the Minnesota Zoomobile, the Medicine Show Music Company and the Heart of the Beast Puppet & Mask Theater. Attractions also include face painting, Uncle Sam, and balloon, tattoo and crazy hair artists. Attendees should bring cash for food truck purchases.
Free Shuttle Service
Free shuttle bus service begins at 5 p.m. and runs throughout the event. Shuttles run from the following locations and parking at these sites is free.
- West Lutheran High School, 3350 Harbor Lane N.
- Plymouth Creek Elementary School, 16005 41st Ave. N.
For more details or to learn how residents can support this event, visit musicinplymouth.org.