Special events bring the community together. The Plymouth Parks and Recreation Department holds a variety of community events throughout the year, including concerts, theater, water ski shows, parades, performances and more. View the 2019 Special Events Brochure (PDF) for a list of year-round events.
Plymouth Sings Finalists
Ages 15-25 Category
- Sara Shiff – Winner of Plymouth Sings, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Cassandra Hultgren – Runner-up, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Donatella Pompeo and Colleen Bur – Plymouth Sings finalists
Ages 26+ Category
- Ruthie Tabone – Winner of Plymouth Sings, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Divya Mogilsetty – Runner-up, advancing to Minnesota Sings
- Jun Xue and Brianna Schweigert – Plymouth Sings finalists
Entertainment in the Parks
Get outside and enjoy the warmth of summer at Plymouth's parks. Free concerts, theater performances, water ski shows and other activities are set for Plymouth this summer as part of the city’s annual Entertainment in the Parks series.
Entertainment in the Parks events in July are as follows:
- 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11 – Innocent Reggae Band, Hilde Performance Center
- 7 p.m. Friday, July 12 – “Pinocchio” by Prairie Fire Children's Theatre, Hilde Performance Center
- 2 p.m. Saturday, July 13 – “Pinocchio” by Prairie Fire Children's Theatre, Hilde Performance Center
- 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 16 – Water Ski Show, Parkers Lake Park – Canceled: Read more.
- 6:30 p.m. Thursday, July 18 – Jolly Pops, Hilde Performance Center
- 7 p.m. Thursday, July 25 – Salsa Del Soul, Hilde Performance Center
Entertainment in the Parks is sponsored by TCF Bank and Plymouth Hy-Vee. Download the 2019 Entertainment in the Parks schedule (PDF) or view the calendar listings below.
Calendar of Events
Plymouth on Parade
- Date: 09/23/2017 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Location: Plymouth City Center
Plymouth, Minnesota 55447
Parade 10:30 a.m.
Music, food, fun and marching bands will bring the community together again for the 19th annual Plymouth on Parade on Sat., Sept. 23, 10:30 a.m. Bring a chair or stand along the parade route to enjoy this perennial favorite. The parade route runs down Plymouth Boulevard from 34th to 37th Avenues.
Post Parade Activities 12 to 2 p.m.
After the parade, stay for an afternoon of free family activities from 12 to 2 p.m. at the Hilde Performance Center and the Plymouth Ice Center/Life Time Fitness area. Come inside for free ice skating and swimming. If you prefer to stay outdoors, check out face painting, entertainment, Plymouth Concert Band performance and inflatables. Food concessions are available for purchase.
2017 Plymouth on Parade Applications