The city clerk and elections office is available to answer your questions about voter registration and elections. The city clerk administers city, state and federal elections.
Sample Ballots, Poll Finder and More
For voter information, go to the Secretary of State website's poll finder. Enter your address to find:
- A list of candidates and questions that will appear on your ballot in November;
- A polling place finder with the address for your polling place;
- A sample ballot;
- Online information explaining the process for applying for and casting an absentee ballot if you are unable to go to the polling place on Election Day; and
- An explanation of voter registration procedures, with a link to information about the status of your own registration and the deadline to register or re-register if you have moved since the last time you voted.
If you need help casting your ballot, ask the election judges for assistance. They can help you in several ways.
- Read or mark a ballot.
- Obtain a magnifying device or a chair to use in the voting booth.
- Vote at the curb.
If you have a permanent disability, contact the city clerk's office at 763-509-5000 (TTY: 763-509-5065) to learn about how to apply for an absentee ballot.
Voting Machines for People with Disabilities
Over the past several years, the city has equipped Plymouth polls with machines that make it easier for people with disabilities to vote independently and more privately than in the past.
If you need to use one of these special voting machine because you have a disability, let the election judges know on election day. They will be happy to to give you a demonstration.
More About the Machines: These special machines are better suited for people who have any type of disability that makes it difficult to mark a ballot. When using the machine, voters will have the option of listening to an audio version of the ballot through earphones or viewing the ballot on a screen that has options for reverse contrast and larger type. The audio description can be used alone or in conjunction with a screen version of the ballot. The vote will be recorded by touch screen, key pad or other adaptive method.
For More Information
Sandy Engdahl, City Clerk
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5080 | F 763-509-5060 |firstname.lastname@example.org