Firefighters must be able to operate light and heavy equipment including hand tools, power tools and fire apparatus.
Employees must also be able to multiply, divide, use fractions, read graphs, read textbooks, interpret instructions and use logic to solve problems. Interpersonal, service and communication skills are necessary for successful candidates.
Plymouth firefighters must:
- Be at least 18 years old and have a high school graduate or equivalent
- Reside within an eight-minute travel time to a Plymouth fire station
- Possess a valid Minnesota driver’s license
- Adhere to skill, schedule, physical, mental and personal requirements
- Pass a comprehensive criminal background investigation
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Pass a medical exam
- Participate in the Duty Crew program, respond to emergency calls and participate in training
- Maintain availability for minimum time commitments and training requirements
Firefighters carry a pager and respond to emergency and non-emergency calls at all times including days, nights, weekends and holidays. Each firefighter is responsible for attending 30 percent of his/her district’s calls and general alarms, measured on a quarterly basis.
Firefighter recruits must be able to complete the Firefighter Physical Ability Test. Firefighter recruits must meet physical criteria including vision, hearing, speech, lifting and mobility.
Plymouth firefighters present a positive, professional image and attitude in duty performance.
Plymouth Fire Department
Public Safety Building | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
P 763-509-5120 | F 763-509-5142 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency: 911 | 24-hour Non-emergency: 952-258-5321