There’s a success story in the West Metro – and you can help write the next chapter. Plymouth, Minnesota features a vibrant business community that has been made on merit and galvanized by growth. Plymouth cultivates a business-friendly environment with one of the lowest tax rates in the state.
- 54,000+ jobs are located in Plymouth
- Plymouth is Minnesota's 4th-largest economy, as measured by gross business sales
- Plymouth has the lowest tax rate of Minnesota cities with populations of 10,000 or more
Plymouth is a hub for med-tech. Plymouth is a key player in Minnesota's medical alley. Industry leaders such as Medtronic, Abbott, Smiths Medical, Covidien and Urologix are located in Plymouth, creating a strong med-tech support network.
- Plymouth has the highest number of med-tech companies in the metro area
- More than 130 med-tech or med-tech supporting companies are located in Plymouth
- Read about Plymouth's med-tech sector in in this Minnesota Business story. View article (PDF)
- See how Plymouth compares to other cities as a home for med-tech in this Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal list. View article (PDF)
Plymouth provides what businesses need. Situated between major highways, a 20-mile trip to the MSP airport and just a short drive from downtown Minneapolis, Plymouth combines the convenience of big city amenities and accessible distribution channels in a well-planned, highly regarded community.
- 75,000 people call Plymouth their home
- I-494 runs through Plymouth, as does Hwy 55
- Hwy 169 is on the city's eastern border
- I-394 is within four miles from the center of Plymouth
- Plymouth is the 7th largest city in Minnesota
Transit. We offer a stress-free commute. Public transit through Plymouth Metrolink provides commuter and reverse commuter service between Plymouth and downtown Minneapolis. Read more.
Open to Business. Prospective or current entrepreneurs and small business owners have resources available to them through the Open to Business program, which offers business consultations, financial advisement and business loans. Read more.
Join Our Success Story. Become Plymouth Proud.
We're here to assist you. City staff is available to provide information and resources, recommend development locations suited for your needs, organize meetings with public and private sector representatives, coordinate city approvals and navigate county and state funding sources. Contact us today. View more information about Plymouth Proud.
Ben Landhauser | Economic Development Manager
Plymouth City Hall | 3400 Plymouth Blvd. | Plymouth, MN 55447-1482
O: 763-509-5056 | C: 952-228-7944 | firstname.lastname@example.org