Click the 'eNotify Sign Up' button to receive email updates on News.
If desired, choose a Category and/or Department to filter results.
Plymouth Police Offer Tips to Prevent Package Delivery Thefts
With the rise in online shopping, especially around the holidays, the Plymouth Police Department is reminding residents to beware of package thefts from residential doorsteps.
To prevent this crime, the Plymouth Police Department offers the following tips:
- Schedule deliveries to arrive at a time when someone is home
- Check the delivery status – some retailers offer text message alerts for deliveries
- If no one can be home, ship packages to an alternate address, such as a workplace or relative’s home
- Residents in multi-unit buildings should request that management secure deliveries
- Use a U.S. Postal Service mailbox for outgoing mail, rather than a residential mailbox
- Be alert for suspicious behavior and don’t be afraid to call 911 – thieves may follow delivery trucks or walk through neighborhoods and steal packages on foot