Click the 'eNotify Sign Up' button to receive email updates on News.
If desired, choose a Category and/or Department to filter results.
Entertainment in the Parks Series: August Events
Update: Due to expected rain, the Aug. 9 Splatter Sisters concert has been canceled.
The City of Plymouth Parks and Recreation Department offers free events during the summer with its Entertainment in the Parks series.
The schedule for August is as follows:
- Concert: Greenwood Tree – 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 1, Hilde Performance Center, 3500 Plymouth Blvd.
A folk duo of Stu Janis and Bill Cagley will perform with lively music, good humor and unusual instruments that make for an entertaining show.
- Movie: The Lego Movie – Dusk, Friday, Aug. 4, Hilde Performance Center
After a prophecy identifies him as “special,” an ordinary Lego construction worker is recruited to join other builders in a quest to stop an evil tyrant from destroying the Lego universe. Rated PG. More information.
- Naturalist: Lowry Nature Center Raptor Show – 6 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 8, Hilde Performance Center
Guests can observe live raptors and learn about the characteristics that set them apart from other birds, as well as what makes them great hunters. This free event is part of Kids Fest. More information.
- Concert: The Bazillions – 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 8, Hilde Performance Center
Family-friendly rock ’n’ roll group the Bazillions will perform at 7:30 p.m. during Kids Fest. This popular Twin Cities-based band is a crowd favorite, engaging children with singing and dancing. More information.
- Kids Concert: The Splatter Sisters – 11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 9, Hilde Performance Center
Three energetic multi-talented musicians providing a lively concert with lots of audience participation.
- Concert: Inside Straight Blues Band – 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10, Hilde Performance Center
A popular band with Twin Cities audiences, this group performs blues and blues-rock in the Chicago, Texas, Memphis, Kansas City, St. Louis and New Orleans traditions.
- Movie: Paddington – Dusk, Friday, Aug. 11, Hilde Performance Center
Enamored with the idea of living in London, a young Peruvian bear visits the city, only to find himself lost and alone at Paddington Station. All seems well when a kind family takes him in, until he catches the eye of a museum taxidermist. Rated PG. More information.
- Water Ski Show – 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 15, Parkers Lake, County Road 6 and Niagara Lane
Bring lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy this free beach-front show, featuring jumps, pyramids and choreographed moves. More information.
- Movie: Toy Story – Dusk, Friday, Aug. 18, Parkers Lake Playfield, 15500 County Road 6
Of all the toys belonging to a young boy, a cowboy doll is the favorite until he is outshined by a new spaceman figurine. Fueled by jealousy, the cowboy tries to oust the spaceman, but it backfires and lands them both out of the house and lost. Both toys must work together to be reunited with their home and friends. Rated G. More information.
All Entertainment in the Parks events are free to the public, unless otherwise noted. Watch the video on YouTube. Concessions are available for purchase at some events. Sponsors include Allina Health/Abbott Northwestern-WestHealth and TCF Bank.
Note: Kids Fest Rescheduled for Aug. 8
Kids Fest returns to Plymouth Aug. 8, featuring inflatables, games and prizes, eco-friendly activities, insects, animals, entertainment and face painting. Unlimited wristbands are available for purchase for games and activities. Due to the rescheduling of Kids Fest, the Percolators concert has been canceled. More information.
In the event of inclement weather, events may be canceled. To check for cancellations the day of the event, call the weather hotline at 763-509-5205.